Are you sweating your forehead looking for a miter saw but hardly find one? If this is the case, then I believe you are not seeking it using the right term.
In the stores, a number of miter saws are available with several styles. Various terms are used to describe different miter saws like a compound miter saw, single bevel and double bevel miter saw, compound sliding miter saw are few them.
But do you know what precisely these different types of miter saws do or describe?
If you don’t understand the terms of this miter saw, you will keep on sweating your forehead and will never come to an end.
In this article, I am going to give you a brief about “What Is a Dual Bevel Miter Saw”, benefits of a dual bevel miter saw and few frequently asked questions to let you understand with the terminology double bevel miter saw.
Dual-Bevel Miter Saw – Definition
Generally, a miter saw is able to cut in 4 different ways – crosscut, miter, bevel, and compound.
- 90° straight up and down crosscut known as a crosscut.
- A miter cut is compatible with cutting boards at an angle; often the angle is 45°, similar to a corner of a photo frame.
- A bevel cut can angle over the thickness of a board; it is equal to a doorstop.
- And finally, a compound cut can perform as both the angle and bevel together.
By looking at the name, dual bevel miter saw, you can get an idea of this miter saw. This miter saw can perform in both directions generally. If you stand and look at a dual bevel miter saw intently, you will find that it can pivot both in the left and right direction.
As a result, if you want to make a bevel cut at the opposite side of the same wood, flipping the board over to the opposite direction is unnecessary. Swing the board over to the opposite direction. Cutting the board to both directions is more comfortable in dual bevel miter saw.
If you have a load of work and your project requires cuts like crown molding, then a dual bevel miter saw will be the best choice. Dual bevel miter saw will give you impressive cutting experience when you are doing repetitive cuts as well as performing with longer wood-pieces.
Why do you Require a Dual Bevel Miter Saw?
A double bevel miter saw will allow you to cut any board at any angle from 0° to 45°, even sometimes 60°. Moreover, if you are going to perform different bevel cuts with precise angles, without a dual bevel miter saw, you can’t perform this task efficiently.
A dual miter saw is considered as one of the best essential tools for working any home improvements. In terms of performance and benefits, a double miter saw is far ahead from a single miter saw.
A dual bevel miter saw is a versatile tool that can perform miter cuts as well as bevel cuts without creating any hassle to the user. This tool can perform any task that a standard miter saw and compound miter saw can do. So, when you are getting versatile benefits from a tool, won’t you think to purchase it?
Pros and Cons of Dual Bevel Miter Saw
- Rotating the material is unnecessary: Dual bevel miter saw comes with tilting design that makes it eligible to reorganize the wood-pieces to create equivalent bevel pieces. Also, you don’t need to flip the miter saw to perform both side cutting. All you need to do is. Tilt the miter saw to the reverse direction and then the position of the material needs to be adjusted.
- Fast performance: When you want to make your project comfortable as well as cut wood-pieces more efficiently, you should not look for other miter saw except a dual bevel miter saw. Moreover, controlling this miter saw is easy because tilting the wood-pieces is unnecessary.
- Precise cutting experience: As dealing with the position and placement is not required every time in a dual bevel miter saw, you can give more focus on the cutting to get an accurate operation. Your performance will become more precise with a dual bevel miter saw without any confusion.
- Expensive item: Comparing to other miter saw a dual bevel miter saw is an expensive one. It is because this miter saw can perform more work than a single bevel miter saw with more precisely and efficiently. However, it would help if you kept yourself ready to spend nearly $200 to purchase a dual bevel miter saw. But it will not let you raise your fingers about its performance undoubtedly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is a double miter saw value-added tool?
How will I know which one is a single bevel saw and which one is a dual bevel saw?
If you are not concerned about the cost and going to handle big projects, without thinking purchase a dual bevel miter saw. Your performance will become precise, proficient, accurate and comfortable once you start using the dual bevel miter saw. A professional woodworker and a DIY enthusiast who are familiar with a dual miter saw can’t deny the importance of double bevel saw in their job site.
Even, if you still want to know more about a dual bevel, miter saw to rent one from your nearest store and see the performance to make a precise decision.