Are you a severe D.I.Y. enthusiasts to cut just about everything? Choose the sliding miter saw, and you will find this saw as a great tool to perform efficiently in your project.
A sliding miter saw can nearly cut everything that is up to 14” wide. If you ask me what task it can do, and believe me, you can’t continue counting once I start telling you about its job. Because sliding miter saw is a versatile tool that can do nearly everything.
One of the best features of this tool is, the blade and the base can be angled without any problem.
However, many of us operate a miter saw following the wrong process. Today, I am going to share the right way of operating a miter saw so that you can get an efficient performance.
How to Use a Sliding Miter Saw? – Operate following the right way
Without following the correct way, you can’t get a sliding cut. Find out the below bullet points to know about the correct way.
- The board needs to be put opposite to the fence and don’t forget to use a clamp for stable operation. Then start the sliding miter saw.
- Before starting the blade, pull the saw near to you till the saw blade is straight over the blade’s corner.
- Turn the blade on pressing/squeezing the switch. Give the saw time to reach its peak speed. After that, tug the blade down to the wood.
- Confirm that at the time of rotating the blade, you have pushed saw to and fro from you because the saw blade will cut the balance part of the wood.
- One the saw blade cut the wood comfortably, and accomplish it efficiently, take the saw blade up and remove your fingers from the trigger to stop the operation.
Special Note: It is mandatory to take extreme safety features while operating a sliding miter saw. Also, don’t forget to read the instruction manual before starting the operation.
Safety features – Need to be taken care of
- The accessories of the tool may get hot during the operation. So, avoid making contact with the miter saw body. You can use gloves or any cloths as well as wear goggles.
- To keep your ear protected, wear earplugs.
- If you are doing grinding or demolition type of task, don’t forget to use a dust mask or breathing apparatus. Because this type of work creates a lot of dust and debris.
- While running the machine, give a short break after every operation to limit exposure.
- Use cushioned gloves to keep your hands free from vibration. Thus, you will feel less fatigue too.
- Don’t run the machine if it comes in contact with water. Because this may lead you to electric shock.
- Never try to show you are too much strong and can operate a sliding miter saw in one hand. Use both hands to get the best control.
- Before operating a sliding miter, it is advisable to inspect the machine thoroughly. If any parts get damaged, fix it. Without fixing any problem related to sliding miter saw, don’t allow yourself to run the tool.
A sliding miter saw can give you the best performance than a regular miter saw when you are cutting thick material. You also can use a sliding miter saw to cut lumber, logs and thick boards.
One point you need to keep in mind, and that is, if you want to perform an operation where you need to cut more than 8” wide board, you need to purchase an expensive sliding miter saw.
Tips & Tricks to get the best performance from a miter saw
When you are investing your valuable money on a tool, definitely you will be thinking about how you can get the best benefit from the tool.
In this regard, I created this section. And follow the below tips and tricks, so that you can get the best benefit from your sliding miter saw.
The appropriate blade is mandatory
You will find different types of blades for different kinds of jobs. Blades play a vital role in providing you with a long-lasting service by the sliding miter saw. Also, if you choose a wrong blade for your operation, the sliding miter saw will not perform well, and its lifespan will start reducing.
Use sharp blades, and if you experience the blade is vibrating or getting overheated, change it without delay.
Avoid wrong cuts by locking
Give a trial and make sure the cutting angle is all ok. If adjustment requires, do it. After that, you can screw the lockdown so that the board can’t vibrate during operation. Otherwise, you will get the wrong cuts. Even, if you tighten the screw heavily, the boars can stripe easily.
When it is time to cut a lot of longboards using a sliding miter saw, if you own few extensions in your hand, your operation will become a lot easier. Slide-out extensions are available with some sliding saws, and some saws are offering extensions that you may need to purchase them separately. On the other hand, some people build their extensions on their own.
Whatever is your preference, it is advisable to get an extension for smooth operation while you are cutting a longboard.
If you are looking to get a smooth operation during a difficult cut, without hesitation, purchase a sliding miter saw. Operating a sliding miter saw correctly, you will get an impressive cutting experience that you never experienced before. Although a sliding miter saw is an expensive one than a typical miter saw, you will never regret buying a sliding miter saw once you get the best benefit from it.
You may want to check Hitachi C10FCG Review – The best sliding milter saw.